Animation Transformation Animation Transformation

I absolutely...

Love it. It's very fluid, fitting music, and you really captured each unique art style quite well. A fine homage to a lot of great artists (and styles) and an awesome way to hone your own skills.

For a future project, might I suggest you have a read of some even older cartoons/webcomics and try them out? I'd make suggestions, but the red NOTE text is holding a knife to to my throat and will kill me if I do.

Fullmetal Arithmetist Fullmetal Arithmetist

As if my fear of math wasn't strong enough...

Despite this increasing my fear to near homicidal heights, I'm giving you 9.999 and rounding up. <3 Just wish it was a little longer but I stayed around for the entire song afterwards. Gotta love this series (in all it's forms).

Luminiscense Luminiscense

My god...That was...

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE READING THIS REVIEW AS IT CONTAINS SPOILERS! IT IS ALSO KINDA LONG, SO BARE WITH ME!

I would like to consider myself a decently tough individual, hardened by the harsh realities that have made themselves known throughout my life. I have lost family, both by blood and bond, to war, violence, drugs, and accidents. This would seem to have made me more than a bit jaded in terms of life and death. People die, that's that....But it's not.

The pain of that loss, no matter once or a million times, weighs heavy on the heart. It's a brutal thing, losing someone you love and care for. It doesn't matter if it's dramatically or in their sleep, it's never easy.

With all that said, I rarely, if ever, cried when I heard or saw them die. Maybe that makes me less of a man, I am unsure. Maybe I am jaded by death or maybe I am so detached from the world around me by the harshness of my reality that I am unable to cry. Again, I am unsure. But does my splurge have a point? Yes it does.

While watching this, I found myself entranced by the simplistic beauty of what I was seeing. As they spoke, the honesty of their words bled through. Just a movie or no, the truth in what they said was just that...the truth. A more honest or happier moment could not be asked for. When the buzzing began, I instantly realized what was going to happen, even before the words proclaiming me right appeared. Am I psychic? Hardly. Having known loss and experienced pain, I know the greatest ender of dreams.

War.

Some people can profit and even prosper in it. But instead of taking a broad look on the subject, think of the individual. Each and every one of us is affected by War in some way, either for good or ill. None so much so as the innocent. It is said that in War, no one is innocent. This is a misconception. No one starts off as impure or stained, slighted or wronged.

This short clip, though an introduction into something far greater...Showed a very profound, deeply moving, and altogether terrifying concept. Everyone starts of innocent...But War...War changes us. It kills, destroys, ruins, enslaves, bends, breaks, and crushes us. It can drive men to do horrible things in it's name.

War changes our perception of our fellow human beings. What was once a man from another country is now the enemy. A monster. Evil. A demon masquerading as a man. It drives us to kill these men and to them, we are the demons.

Good and evil play no part in War save in the minds of the wronged. They are different than the innocent as they have experienced pain and suffering. What once was beautiful and serene is now broken, stripped of innocence, and shown first hand the horrors of loss, grieving over that which was precious and cherished. The wronged justly seek revenge and the War goes on in an unbroken cycle til that which brought on the war is dead. No, beyond dead. The full wrath of the wronged, on all sides, must be brought full force, and that which is full of loss and pain will be made to be seen. And whomever's pain is greater is called the victor, for he is most in need of revenge. But what can be called a measure of pain? Is not all loss the greatest loss in the minds of those who feel it? War does not carry scales and laughs at those who seek to weigh their pain with that of others.

Having said this, the young man in this short has every right to be angry. Has every right to seek vengeance, should he so wish it. But so will every man and women he hurts to fulfill it.

But to my original point, I am not a man who cries often, having seen, heard, felt, and done what I have. Whilst watching this, I came to be breathless as I watched the planes crest the horizon. Felt the pangs of fear as the bombs started dropping. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I watched in hope that it would not. I caught myself whispering, "No no no no...." as the final bomb exploded and the screen turned black. As I gazed at the billowing bit of cloth, I started to cry. Big soppy tears touched my cheek and I started bawling.

That's all I wanted to say.

Run Baby Run! Run Baby Run!

It takes away from the game...

When after I reach level 10, I walk away from the keyboard, expecting to die (since I've made it so far, tired of the music, repetitive sound effects, lack of variety in the level design) only to come back and nearly be to level 13. -.- When a game plays itself, it is no longer fun. Sorry, but you need to work on this...A lot.

Joe Pesci Love Ranch SB Joe Pesci Love Ranch SB

Excellent work

You're getting a 9 because one quote was used twice but in a shortened way.

Coffee Brainz Coffee Brainz

A review

Alright, as you said, it is a prototype. Here are a few tips to make this a lot better.

Once you run out of coffee, you're screwed, right? There should be some way to recharge your meter. Because, As I'm typing this now, one little red block is spinning around my fat man. As amusing as it is to watch, it inevitably gets dull and denotes a low score. The buttons on upgrading did not work. Instead, the play button appeared and would not allow me to select my upgrade. When I hit play, it brought me back to the game and I had the same amount of coffee I had when the level was completed.

It's a shame that these glitches happened but, as you said, it is a prototype, and is, in a sense, still in it's beta testing stage. Since you're still working out the kinks, I've given you a modest 3 and a 4.

I do hope you can improve this game, as I would like to play the finished version to kill some time.

[X] Devastation [X] Devastation

Sweet jesus...

This song prepares men for battle. I vote to adopt this as our war anthem. All in favor?

Xarnor responds:

Someone needs to probably write some lyrics and a few verses or something first, but sure dude that's cool with me haha.

No Signs of Life (Draft) No Signs of Life (Draft)

Damn, man.

Despite having read the review below first (I know, I goofed), I seriously found myself thinking there were going to be lyrics as it just seems like that kind of setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was writing some right now. <.< >.>

JoNoGo responds:

Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed these random tunes i make up in my spare time. If i could only sing i would be able to make somthing worth listening too. I miss the days of being in a band :(

[SS] Zombie Pixels Unite [SS] Zombie Pixels Unite

I feel like shooting zombies...

I love this retro sound and it strangely seems to fit with a zombie theme. I was smiling the whole time. Even had you said nothing, I get the feeling I would have been pondering a topdown or sidescrolling 8 bit zombie shooter just from the audio. You did a damn fine job. 10s and 5s for ye.

SilentSpace responds:

Thanks, man! I didn't initially get a zombie vibe from this, however, and initially called it dead pixels. When I realized that dead pixels would be zombie pixels, I knew what this song had to be. :P